Shannon lay on the plush bed in the exquisite suite Jon had rented for the week. From the moment they'd gotten off the flight they'd been going non-stop. It was amazing, the lights, the sights; the whole atmosphere. She half expected him to want to just sit and do nothing after all it was sort of a vacation for him, down time. But he was having none of it. Out all day sight seeing, dinner out every night, hit the casino for a few hours, back to the room, making love until dawn. She was so happy she'd decided to come.
She rolled off the bed and grabbed her robe glancing at the clock. He'd left her a note saying he'd be back around noon. It was almost noon. Where he'd gone she didn't know, probably business to take care of, he'd said even when he was off he was never really off.
She grabbed herself a cup of coffee; he must have made it before he left. She sipped it, it was still pretty fresh. She sat at the little table and waited.
He took a deep breath and slid his key into the lock. He was certifiable and he knew it, but the last few days had drove it home how much her gentleness could center him when the whirlwind threatened. Opening the door he smiled, "I'm back baby."
She looked up "hey.... everything ok?" She asked. She knew most of the decisions concerning the band fell to him and he looked a bit frazzled to her right then.
"Huh? Oh, yeah. Things are totally cool baby. Totally cool." He stepped closer and pulled her into a hug, his nose brushing against her hair. Damn that scent drove him crazy some mix of spice and woman that drove him insane. "I've set up a few things for us to do today. Ya need to get dressed, something sorta nice and fancy, white if you got it."
She hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek "white...." she gave him a strange look "I got pink, I got light yellow, I got red..... I don't know if..." he brow furrowed "OH!! I got something..." she backed away from him and crossed to her suitcase and began rummaging thru. "I know it's here somewhere... ah HA! " she pulled out an off white sundress patterned with delicate tiny pink flowers and trim in thin lace. Fancy but nothing outstanding. Elegant yet casual. "will this work?"
He grinned and imagined it on her, and prayed he wasn't about to make a fool of himself. "It's perfect."
She smiled "ok cool.. I bought it forever ago but never had a reason to wear it, how much time I got to get ready?" she asked knowing how punctual he liked to be, it was important that she know how long she had.
He liked that about her, she was always concerned about time. It's like she got he had constraints on his time and wanted to work within them. "Oh about an hour. Should be enough yes?"
"Yeah plenty" she rummaged in her bags grabbing out her toiletries " where we goin?" she asked as she headed for the bathroom.
"You'll see."
She laughed. " Ok ok." She knew if he didn't wanna tell, no amount of begging would get it out of him. She set herself to showering and dolling up for him.
He settled himself on the couch, leaned his head back and sighed. God let her say yes, let her realize I need her calm to keep sane. Shit's too hard, I'm too tired but she's helped that, I can't lose her, not now.
It took her nearly 40 minutes to be satisfied with her look. She'd taken pains with her hair and makeup that she normally didn't do. It must be something important if he'd asked her to dress kinda fancy because he was usually a very casual guy. She opened the door and twirled "ok... ready"
He glanced up and nearly swallowed his tongue. "Fuck, you're beautiful." he stood and moved too her, his fingers brushing over her shoulders. "I'll just be a couple moments."
She smiled shyly. He always got her with those little compliments. "Ok," she kissed him gently before crossing to gather things for her clutch.
He slipped into the bathroom, quickly showering, then drying his hair. Stepping into the room he quickly dressed. Pulling the small box from his trusty bomber jacket he slid it into his pants pocket before returning to the sitting area. "Ready babe?"
She was speechless, he looked amazing. He was in white from head to toe, white jeans that fit just right crisp white button down shirt showing just a hint of chest hair at the top, even a knee length coat that matched. "Wow," she breathed as she stood up "you... you look....." she shook her head and bit her lip "wow"
"yeah... ready" she finally managed
He slipped an arm through hers and escorted her out, his heart hammering as he contemplated the next step in his destiny. As they finally stepped outside he nodded to a white limo. "That's ours."
She looked at him "wow!" he was usually so low key "special occasion?"
He smiled, "Something like that babe."
She smiled "your being so secretive.... I love it!" she winked
They pulled up in front of a small white building and his heart started hammering. "Hope you love it babe."
She reached out and brushed his hair back from his cheek then nuzzled at his ear in response
He slipped from the limo and helped her out, his eyes turning towards the building. "Hope you like this."
She looked at the building in front of them. She only saw the words Wedding Chapel and gasped. Was he serious? She looked down at her dress, his clothing, the white limo. She'd thought he was joking with his little comment back in Denver. "Um..... " She slid him a sideways glance " A wedding chapel... someone getting married?" Her heart beat at a rapid pace, she was afraid to even hope; he might have lost his good sense.
He stopped and turned, his gaze finding hers and saw the confusion in those pretty brown eyes. "Told ya babe; I’d bring ya here and marry ya." He slid his hand into his pocket and brought out a small box. "I am a man of my word."
Her heart nearly stopped as her gaze flicked from the tiny box up to his blue eyes and back down again. "I.... yes.. you are...." she nodded
He grinned and opened the box, his hand trembling as he reached in for the engagement part of the ring set. "if you wanna that is."
"Jon....." she watched him closely, this was something she'd never expected, not from him, Mr. against the institution of marriage. His eyes, those sensitive baby blues that tried to hide so much, were vibrant with expression right then. He was serious, no joke and waiting nervously for her response. "I... Yes I'd.. love to be .. your wife." The last two words slipped from her lips and gave her a feeling of rightness. She knew this was right.
He lifted her hand and slid the ring on her finger. "Well come on then gorgeous, lets do this."
she laughed happily "let's do this"
He opened the door and ushered her inside, glad he'd handled the paper work ahead of time. Amazing what they'd do for a picture or two.
She fingered the ring encircling her finger nervously. She looked around, the place was pretty, nothing too garish, just nicely decorated with fresh flowers, a few pews a pulpit. She had no idea how these things worked, she'd heard of quickie drive thru wedding chapels in Vegas but never thought she'd actually see one.
He cleared his throat as the justice of the peace walked out. "Ahh my 3:00. Bongiovi, Daniels?"
Shannon nodded and slid her hand into Jon’s.
God he stood up in front of thousands of people every night and never felt a niggle of nerves, but now? his belly was flip flopping and his brain felt like he'd ate two plates of Mel's damn brownies. As the justice started he listened intently, responding in all the right places as his hand tightened over hers.
Watching her whisper the words, the way her brown eyes glowed, the way her cheeks flushed, well hell that had him ready to take her to the room and have at her, his little bride. His BRIDE! Shit, he'd gotten caught in the institution and he'd never even thought twice of staying there.
It seemed almost like a dream, like she watched herself from somewhere up above. she watched as he promise to love, to honor, to cherish, he already did all those things, even if he never said the words before now, he'd done them all. She spoke the vows that would seal them together, until death do us part.
It seemed so long yet she suddenly heard the words, "Man and wife... you may kiss your bride"
He pulled her in, his arms wrapping around her tightly, his lips pressing against hers slow and gentle until the taste of her had the kiss turning hot. "Hello Mrs. Bongiovi."
She smiled up at him "the most beautiful thing I've ever heard"
"Most beautiful thing I've ever seen."
Her heart melted. She hugged him in sudden excitement and impulsively whispered "I love you"
He held her even tighter. "I love you babe, more than ya know."
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOOHOO!!! Way to go!!! I'm so happy for these two!! They are great together!! Fantastic Chapter!! So very romantic even for a Vegas wedding. So glad that Jon just followed his heart & went with it. They belong together!! Oh man, I can't wait until Richie & Mel find out. Will they be happy or mad? Only time will tell.
Speaking of the couple settling into domestic life, lol. Wonder if they will be next. Something tells me Mel isn't quite ready for marriage yet. And how is she going to react to little Shay getting married. Happily I hope. Jon & Shay don't need anyone bringing them down.
Thanks so much for the constant updates. I appreciate your commitment to keeping this story going. And I love where the story lines are going with this one. Thank you!!
Post a Comment