Richie showed up at one on the dot. He was beyond irritated. When Jon had called to remind him of the meeting he’d made it clear that Mel wasn't allowed to come to the meeting. That was bullshit. He swore if Shannon was there he'd throw a fit. He walked in the room, saw little Shay perched on Jon’s knee and frowned, "What' she doin here?"
Jon's brow flicked up, "Dude, she’s my wife. She's Bongiovi too."
"Ah," Richie said as he took a seat and waited for the rest to show up. "I see. So she gonna be making band decisions now too?"
Jon shrugged, "What affects me affects her and vice versa, what would it hurt dude?"
Richie raised his eyebrows; "Well I think if she's here then Mel should be allowed in too.” He leaned back against the chair with a grin. “After all it all affects her too."
Jon's head shook, "She's not band man, not Jovi at all, unless you count by blood through Shannon. Shit had she been more reasonable I might have allowed for it, but nah, she’s not Jovi man. This is just band business."
"Reasonable? Why you fuckin..." Richie bit off his words as Dave and Tico walked in. He shook his head. God Damn if Jon wasn’t being an arrogant piece of shit. Richie pegged Jon with a dark stare and sat waiting for the business to begin.
As the guys took seats, Jon stood gentled Shannon onto the couch beside him before grinning."Well if you didn't put it together last night after Miss I'm too drunk to think ran her mouth, I got married last week. It won’t change how the band works; I'll just be a bit easier to deal with." His brow quirked upwards, "So, any questions or comments?"
Richie piped up "Yeah when can we all start bringing our women to the band meetings?"
Shannon sat quietly, she could tell the men seemed a bit put off by her being there, but Jon had assured her it was ok.
David's brow flicked upwards, "Yeah man, cuz sheesh we could orgy and everything."
Tico shook his head and thwapped David on the side of the head. "Idiot."
David grinned, "Well it was an idea. Why ain’t Mel here? That she ain’t Jovi don’t walk my man, She's known King longer than any of us."
Jon sighed. "We all got friends man, some of ya even have friends with benefits. That don’t get ya into the inner circle dude."
"Ah I see," Richie said calmly. "So I guess we all go out and get hitched and that will make it all okay?”
Jon's brow flicked up, "Dude, she’s my wife. She's Bongiovi too."
"Ah," Richie said as he took a seat and waited for the rest to show up. "I see. So she gonna be making band decisions now too?"
Jon shrugged, "What affects me affects her and vice versa, what would it hurt dude?"
Richie raised his eyebrows; "Well I think if she's here then Mel should be allowed in too.” He leaned back against the chair with a grin. “After all it all affects her too."
Jon's head shook, "She's not band man, not Jovi at all, unless you count by blood through Shannon. Shit had she been more reasonable I might have allowed for it, but nah, she’s not Jovi man. This is just band business."
"Reasonable? Why you fuckin..." Richie bit off his words as Dave and Tico walked in. He shook his head. God Damn if Jon wasn’t being an arrogant piece of shit. Richie pegged Jon with a dark stare and sat waiting for the business to begin.
As the guys took seats, Jon stood gentled Shannon onto the couch beside him before grinning."Well if you didn't put it together last night after Miss I'm too drunk to think ran her mouth, I got married last week. It won’t change how the band works; I'll just be a bit easier to deal with." His brow quirked upwards, "So, any questions or comments?"
Richie piped up "Yeah when can we all start bringing our women to the band meetings?"
Shannon sat quietly, she could tell the men seemed a bit put off by her being there, but Jon had assured her it was ok.
David's brow flicked upwards, "Yeah man, cuz sheesh we could orgy and everything."
Tico shook his head and thwapped David on the side of the head. "Idiot."
David grinned, "Well it was an idea. Why ain’t Mel here? That she ain’t Jovi don’t walk my man, She's known King longer than any of us."
Jon sighed. "We all got friends man, some of ya even have friends with benefits. That don’t get ya into the inner circle dude."
"Ah I see," Richie said calmly. "So I guess we all go out and get hitched and that will make it all okay?”
Jon settled into his chair a nasty calm settling into his bones. "Yeah when your name gets on the contract man."
"Woohoo, low blow Jonny boy." David's eyes winced, "Since when did that even matter to us?"
Jon sighed, "Since some people wanted to make a production of my private life?"
Richie slammed his fist on the table "You know, none of us ever made a single comment about that. You said no matter what it was equal brothers, so I’m calling you on it now! What's good enough for you is good enough for all of us!"
His eyes rolled. "Man it’s not that big a deal. I doubt Mel even wants to hear all the shit we go over in meetings."
"It has nothing to do with that and you know it." Richie let his voice calm a bit. "It's about being fair, I’ve told her how fair you always are and now you go and make me look like a liar and I don’t like it. Hell, you are singlehanded proving everything she’s thought about you. What, you don’t trust my judgment anymore or something?"
Jon shook his head and started to laugh. "Man I trust you with my life. Her on the other hand? Fuck she's a bit volatile and you know it."
"Not without reason," he mumbled. "She may be 'volatile,' but I know she certainly ain’t gonna sell any secrets to the KGB or anything."
Jon started laughing, "Considering we're going to Moscow this summer asshole you better hope not."
Richie tried not to laugh, he was being serious. But damnit he hadn't even thought about Moscow. He slowly started chuckling, fighting it every step of the way but once Tico and Dave began to laugh too he couldn’t help it and laughed along with them. "Come on man.... just let her come a few times."
Jon groaned, "Knowing Mel she'll take over and run the shit man. Don't try to snow me. Hell if it’s THAT important to ya bring her, but swear to god if she tries to maim me I'll hurt her."
"Ok ok she won’t do any bodily harm," he assured him, his anger cooling now that he'd gotten his way. [i]I fuckin’ hope she does none, you set her off Jonny.[/i]
David snorted and Teek started to laugh full out as Jon murmured, "Man has she got you snowed."
Richie frowned and eased back in his seat. Let ‘em laugh but he wouldn’t have anyone playing favorites here. "Ok ok now can we move onto business? I have a lady to go take care of."
"Woohoo, low blow Jonny boy." David's eyes winced, "Since when did that even matter to us?"
Jon sighed, "Since some people wanted to make a production of my private life?"
Richie slammed his fist on the table "You know, none of us ever made a single comment about that. You said no matter what it was equal brothers, so I’m calling you on it now! What's good enough for you is good enough for all of us!"
His eyes rolled. "Man it’s not that big a deal. I doubt Mel even wants to hear all the shit we go over in meetings."
"It has nothing to do with that and you know it." Richie let his voice calm a bit. "It's about being fair, I’ve told her how fair you always are and now you go and make me look like a liar and I don’t like it. Hell, you are singlehanded proving everything she’s thought about you. What, you don’t trust my judgment anymore or something?"
Jon shook his head and started to laugh. "Man I trust you with my life. Her on the other hand? Fuck she's a bit volatile and you know it."
"Not without reason," he mumbled. "She may be 'volatile,' but I know she certainly ain’t gonna sell any secrets to the KGB or anything."
Jon started laughing, "Considering we're going to Moscow this summer asshole you better hope not."
Richie tried not to laugh, he was being serious. But damnit he hadn't even thought about Moscow. He slowly started chuckling, fighting it every step of the way but once Tico and Dave began to laugh too he couldn’t help it and laughed along with them. "Come on man.... just let her come a few times."
Jon groaned, "Knowing Mel she'll take over and run the shit man. Don't try to snow me. Hell if it’s THAT important to ya bring her, but swear to god if she tries to maim me I'll hurt her."
"Ok ok she won’t do any bodily harm," he assured him, his anger cooling now that he'd gotten his way. [i]I fuckin’ hope she does none, you set her off Jonny.[/i]
David snorted and Teek started to laugh full out as Jon murmured, "Man has she got you snowed."
Richie frowned and eased back in his seat. Let ‘em laugh but he wouldn’t have anyone playing favorites here. "Ok ok now can we move onto business? I have a lady to go take care of."
Jon leaned back, "Well back to back concerts you all know that, more interviews than we can shake a stick at, and we need to make sure things are ready for Moscow. Doc's got that in the works though."
"You better make sure Shan's got a passport lover boy."
Jon's brow furrowed. "We're still discussing if we all go on that one. With Bach and the rest on the plane? It’s not such a good place for females.”
"Well Mel's going."
His lip quirked upwards quickly, as he listened to the cock sure voice of his friend. “Sure about that are ya Dork? I said I haven’t decided yet."
"Fuck you man, don't call me that." Richie's frown deepened. Only one person was allowed to call him that name and it wasn’t Jon.
"Sambo all sensitive now?" Jon grinned and winked at David, "I guess only the wildcat gets to call him by his true name."
The other guys stifled laughs.
Richie groaned "Are we done here then? Can I go?" It just wasn’t the time to get into Moscow. They still had time to work that wrinkle out. Mel could hold her own against Vince, Baz and the rest of them. Shannon’s little sensitivities might be offended, but his Mellie? She’d be a ring leader.
Jon shrugged, “suit yourself man."
"Thanks" he said with slight sarcasm, "see ya later man." He rose and walked out the door.
Jon glanced at the remaining guys and cleared his throat. "Honeymoon here, get the fuck out, and I say that will all respect."
They all rose and made their way to the door. "See ya boss man,” as three sets of fingers flipped his way.
Shannon finally took a breath. Slowly letting it out she looked at her husband. "Well that went well," she said dryly
He stood and pulled her up into his arms. "Well it went at least."
"you know, I really don't have to be there, I... I trust your judgment," she said as she reached up to move a wayward hair out of his face.
He dipped in, pressing a kiss to her lips. "We're married, partners, nuff said."
She inhaled the scent of him and returned the kiss "Ok..... but I think I'll just be a silent partner ok?"
"You better make sure Shan's got a passport lover boy."
Jon's brow furrowed. "We're still discussing if we all go on that one. With Bach and the rest on the plane? It’s not such a good place for females.”
"Well Mel's going."
His lip quirked upwards quickly, as he listened to the cock sure voice of his friend. “Sure about that are ya Dork? I said I haven’t decided yet."
"Fuck you man, don't call me that." Richie's frown deepened. Only one person was allowed to call him that name and it wasn’t Jon.
"Sambo all sensitive now?" Jon grinned and winked at David, "I guess only the wildcat gets to call him by his true name."
The other guys stifled laughs.
Richie groaned "Are we done here then? Can I go?" It just wasn’t the time to get into Moscow. They still had time to work that wrinkle out. Mel could hold her own against Vince, Baz and the rest of them. Shannon’s little sensitivities might be offended, but his Mellie? She’d be a ring leader.
Jon shrugged, “suit yourself man."
"Thanks" he said with slight sarcasm, "see ya later man." He rose and walked out the door.
Jon glanced at the remaining guys and cleared his throat. "Honeymoon here, get the fuck out, and I say that will all respect."
They all rose and made their way to the door. "See ya boss man,” as three sets of fingers flipped his way.
Shannon finally took a breath. Slowly letting it out she looked at her husband. "Well that went well," she said dryly
He stood and pulled her up into his arms. "Well it went at least."
"you know, I really don't have to be there, I... I trust your judgment," she said as she reached up to move a wayward hair out of his face.
He dipped in, pressing a kiss to her lips. "We're married, partners, nuff said."
She inhaled the scent of him and returned the kiss "Ok..... but I think I'll just be a silent partner ok?"

2 comments:
OOO Jonny boy you better watch it, the brotherhood might just be put under strain if you insist on shoving Shannon into the mix and not allowing Mellie in.
Be careful Jon. You don't want to alienate your brothers, especially Richie. Time for Shay & Mel to talk it out. Or in Mel's case, yell it out. Either way, the sisters need to talk.
Post a Comment