Monday, May 31, 2010

Chapter 66


Shannon ducked as she stepped onto the plane. She looked around at the chaos and chuckled wondering how on earth she was going to get through a whole week with so many crazy people. She scanned over the various heads of long hair until she found her husbands poofy one and sighed with relief. "Hey babe...I'm here! I made it!" She called over the seats as she made her way down the aisle to him.
He glanced up as a smile split his face. As she reached his seat he tugged her down, his lips finding hers quickly. "About fucking time. What took you so long?"
"Last minute shopping..." She grinned and stood for a sec to look around the plane once more. "Hey, where's Mel?"
Jon shrugged slightly, his eyes straying to a slumped in his seat Richie."Fucked if I know baby. By now she’s probably at home."
Shannon glanced over at Richie and frowned. He was sleeping already? Mel at home? "Why would she be at home Jon?  Hey Richie?? Where's Mel??" she nudged the big man gently.
"Why don't you ask the fucking asshole?" He growled and turned his head away a moment, until the voice that had asked seeped into his already pickled brain. His head jerked up as his eyes went wide. "What the fuck are you doin' here?"
Shannons gaze shot from Richie to Jon and back to Richie again, "I'm going to Russia?"
His glower grew as he stood and moved to the aisle leaning into Jon as the anger grew. "YOU FUCKIN' SAID NO WOMEN on this flight ASSHOLE!"

Jon's public businesslike grin slid into place. "I said no girlfriends."
Shannon stood shocked still between the two men, eyes wide. She placed a hand on each mans chest and lightly shoved them back, "Hey you two um... could you not..."
"Fuck off Mrs. Bongiovi. This is between me and the asshole here."

Jon surged to his feet, "don't you dare talk to her like that."
 
At Richie’s barked order Shannon sat down hard, her breath catching in her throat. She blinked to keep the tears back. Why was he so angry at her?


Richie spat, "you said no WOMEN!"
Jon's palm flattened on Richie's chest as he pushed backwards. "I said, no girlfriends, NO women. This is a public relations thing. Besides she’s not a woman she’s my fuckin' wife and I will bring her wherever the hell I please."
"You son of a..." Richie didn't think he simply let go. One large arm swung wide expecting to contact with hard body. His eyes widened in surprise when it was stopped mid air with a firm grip on his wrist. He looked down to see Tico shaking his head, "No man, not here."
Jon nodded at Teek before turning back to Richie. "Try that again man, I swear to fuckin' God I won't allow women on any fucking piece of the tour. What the hell is your problem? You used to be easy to get along with. Fuck."
Richie jerked his hand out of Tico's grasp and growled, "I used to be....you..." Through his anger he couldn't even form words. No Women this time around? Well what the hell was Shay then?  " You know what Jon, You're nothing but an egotistical, selfish....” He turned to go back to his seat.  “Oh never fucking mind."
"Takes one to know one Sambora, and hey, lay off the fuckin' booze. We're supposed to make an impression here."
Richie slumped back down in the chair after one more glare at Shannon sitting meekly and quietly in her seat. "Here's an impression for ya!" He flipped Jon the bird.
Jon shook his head and turned, slipping into his seat beside Shannon. "Sorry bout that baby, he's a bit drunk." [i]And why am I making excuses for the shithead? He knows wives are different. Fuck it.[/i]
Shannon sniffled a bit and tried to keep her voice firm. "Jon if Mel can't come I should not be going either, it isn't right." she said quietly.
He tugged her close, then leaned in to gently swipe at her tears, his lips pressing against her cheek gently. "Sure it is, you're my wife baby. That makes it right."
"Jon," she sighed, she didn't want to argue with him but she honestly felt he was a bit over the top on this one. "It's not like it's just the flavor of the week ya know... it's Mel..."
He tugged her into his lap with a shrug of one shoulder. "So? Dave has a girl so does Teek. You don't see them bitching babe. Hell there’s too much to do here, they won't be hurting. If they get horny they'll just find a willing chick at the gigs. Me? I'm married, I want my wife with me. Nothing more or less to it."
Shannon furrowed her brow "Find a girl? Jon they wouldn't! Richie wouldn’t? "
He chuckled at her look. "Sure they would. Do it all the time. Lots of girls willing baby."
She leaned away from him, peering into his face "And you?" She felt doubt tingling at the back of her neck. The way he said it so easily made her wonder about the times she wasn’t around. He wouldn't would he?
He snorted, "Now why should I? I have my wife with me and she’s better than any groupie." He watched her a moment and saw the doubt flickering in her eyes. "Baby from the day I met you I couldn't even think of another woman."
She searched his face looking for any hint of a lie and found none. She sighed and slipped her arms around his neck hugging him tight.  "Maybe it's the same for Richie?" she whispered.
He didn't want to hurt his wife, he didn't, but seriously if it had been the same for Rich, he would have married Mel by now. "Doubt that baby. I took the step to marry ya right?  If he really loved her like that wouldn't he have made the step too?"
She looked over at RIchie's slumped form and nodded sadly. It made sense. If they were so in love why hadn't they? Was Mel really in love? Sometimes she wondered, as much as she and Richie fought, but... the way they looked at each other you'd think so though. "Yeah I guess he would have."
He grinned and tugged her closer, his arms wrapping around her. "Now quit worrying that pretty little head about them baby. It's time to have a bit of fun seeing all those new places I promised ya."
Shannon smiled weakly and pushed her doubts about her sister and Richie back. She had things to see and a husband to do. She'd worry about everything else later.

No comments:

Post a Comment