Shannon saw the spark in Mel again and wanting to divert another confrontation pushed her half full plate under Mel's nose and shot Jon a look before saying, "I um... I guess the nun's broke free of the convent." She shrugged helplessly at the look on her sister’s face then simply ordered him to "eat."
"No, she just baked brownies and actually ate them." He slipped into a chair, pulling her plate back away from Mel. “Get your own damned food."
Mel walked by him, the urge to make him bald and pretty rising. Flicking his ear she wiggled her nose. "That is my damn food, I bought it."
Shannon blinked and looked to Richie who was sitting a bit away from the table laughing uncontrollably. Shit, he was gonna be no help! What the hell had they put in those brownies, hash or something?
Shannon turned her attention back to Jon sending him a silent plea to just let it go.
She moved over to the chair Shannon was in and sat next to her. "Hey! You ignoring me now? Found ya some hot stud and got no time for Sis?"
Shannon blushed to the roots of her hair at her sisters words. The events of last night still too fresh and personal to be discussing in open forum she stuttered "No... no just ... just trying to keep you from trying to kill said stud mmmkay?"
She leaned in close, "wouldn't have to kill him, just kick him good and hard, put him outta commission.”
"MELANIE!!" She huffed, "you need to go sleep it off!! You're drunk or high or something! "
"Am not drunk! only had, " she held her index finger and thumb up about one half inch apart, "this much saké. Weak as water, lemme tell ya." She leaned back and started to grin. "Course I did eat a plate of brownies. Oh hell Shay you’re no fun!" She stood up and started off towards her bedroom. "YOU YELL TOO MUCH!"
Richie stopped laughing long enough to grin at Shannon and Jon before following Mel outta the room.
Shannon looked at Jon and simply mumbled "sorry," with a shrug.
Jon snorted then reached out and laced his fingers through hers. "Lil Bit, she’s higher than a kite. Those brownies ain’t just brownies, but she'll be ok, He never keeps around a big stash."
"Amsterdam Brownies?" she shook her head, "Mel hates drugs."
He shook his head, "Ever get the feeling you didn't know her like you think? Seems to be a few levels to that woman you haven't exactly explored babe."
"I'm beginning to see that," she admitted.
Pulling her chair closer to him he smiled. "It's not easy huh?"
She shook her head and leaned her head on his shoulder. "No, not at all....I feel like... like we switched roles or somethin'... I'm usually the one pulling crazy shit while she’s sitting here being all offended... it's.... just....not how it should be."
"How's it supposed to be precious? She remains all dead inside and gives you everything and you just accept it? Ya never wondered why she had no life of her own?" His voice was soft, as he watched her. She hadn't thought too deep about things that was for sure.
"I just figured she felt she had to take care of me. She never wanted me to do anything to help, she never asked, if I tried she told me don't. She wanted to.... so I just... let her" Shannon sighed, there was so much she didn't know.
"Asking her what?? Why she's gone mental??" Shannon looked at him amazed. She couldn’t ask something like that.
He nodded, "For starters, yes."
She blinked at him rapidly. He could be so damn blunt sometimes. "Because it's kinda rude to just walk up to someone and say hey... why you such a freakin' nut case' ya know?"
"Nah, its not, I ask the jackass that all the time. Honesty in friends or family is the best policy baby. Ask her, might surprise yourself." He stood and pushed his chair back. "SAMBORA!"
They heard rustling then Richie appeared in the doorway "Yeah man?"
"You and me Man, store run. Come on." He fisted a hand into his friend’s shirt sleeve. "I need something stronger than coke."
"Dude!!" Richie whined "I was in the middle of makin' out ya know," he muttered as he allowed Jon to pull him towards the door.
"Yeah yeah, you always are. I'm sure that won’t be gone when you get back."
"But... but... I," Richie grabbed the door frame on the way out long enough to yell to Mel "Gotta run babe be back soon!! Captain’s orders!"

1 comment:
Captain's orders LOL i got some orders for ya Cap! LOL you too King!
Post a Comment