Monday, March 8, 2010

Chapter 45

Richie stood staring her down. She was lying on the bed with that old bear he'd won years ago. Good god she still had that thing? He crossed his arms and waited for her to acknowledge him.

She heard the door click open then shut and sighed. Fuck, only one damned soul had ever figured out her shifty lock. Rich. Closing her eyes and forcing herself to remain totally dead calm she whispered, "Need something Richard?"

"Yep" he said stonily. "Sure do....an explanation would be nice Melanie."

Her hands tightened onto DB the bear as she kept herself still. "Nothing to explain. I just.... she started asking questions, found me with my box and.. it’s for the best is all."

"Oh really, best for WHOM Melanie?" His tone was calm and cool and should have been a warning bell for her.

"You, her, hell even Jon out there. It's simple really."

"Ohhh best for ME too... I see...." He nodded then focused his eyes directly on hers "After all the misunderstandings before, you feel it's best to just let me leave..... to just say the hell with it all?"

She sat up, her eyes moving to his, a brow lifting at the flickering sparks of emotion in his brown eyes. "Lots of girls out there Richard. You'll be on the road, you won't be lonely. And Shan, well she needs to feel secure, like she can explore without worrying someone’s gonna go rabid on her. I'm sure Jon will appreciate that too." You can do this Mel, push, you can push him away, you can get back to normal. Just don’t let him see how it hurts.

He nodded. "I see." He stood there silently, the wheels in his head turning, his anger flaming higher with each second.

He suddenly exploded. "That’s IT!! It's over Melanie... you hear me?? O-V-E-R OVER!" He stalked to her closet and threw it open the door banging it against the wall loudly as he swore and shuffled and rummaged thru the mess. He knew it was in here, she’d just moved in a while ago after all. His eyes searched for and found what he was looking for and reaching in he yanked it out with an oath.

She watched, her curiosity getting the better of her good judgment. "What ARE you doing?"

He glared at her over his shoulder as he yanked hard almost falling on his ass as the object loosened to his grip. "I’m putting an end to this fucking madness that’s what!" He slammed her suitcase on the bed and turned, opening her drawers he began throwing the contents into the case.


He wanted her clothes? Why did he want her clothes? "Change of Lifestyle Dork?"

"Shut up Mel. I'm fucking serious," he nearly barked as he turned his attention to the clothes on the hangers and shoved them haphazardly in as well. "You're getting the fuck outta here."

"Am not."

"Are too," he huffed as he threw his weight into closing the latches.

"I ain’t going anywhere and YOU can't make me." She watched him try to shove her entire wardrobe into one suitcase and latch it. "You so can't do that. I don't wear half of it any ways. RICHARD DAMMIT, STOP IT!"

"I can do whatever the hell I want MELANIE and what I want is you!" He slammed the suitcase to the floor once it was closed and towered over her, his nose mere inches from hers, "and my name is RICHIE!"

Her shoulders stiffened, her eyes wide. "It's Dork! It's STUBBORN!!! I AIN’T GOING NO DAMN WHERE... specially without my box and you don’t know where it is and I ain’t telling ya!" She took a step back, glaring as he puffed up more. Well he wasn't gonna scare her with his big old body and nice strong muscles. It was just Dork on a rant, he'd wind down shortly.

"Wanna bet me?" He growled as he picked up the suitcase and stalked out the door, blazing thru the living room and out to his car, without even a glance at the two people standing there staring with jaws on the floor.

Jon and Shannon heard faint slamming of a door or maybe the trunk and then he was back in at lightning speed. He crossed the room to Mel and in one fell swoop jerked her up and over his shoulder caveman style. Holding her with one arm across her backside, he started back outside.

She started to struggle in earnest, her tiny hands beating at his back, "PUT ME DOWN YOU OVER GROWN EXCUSE FOR A ... I SAID NO!!! NO BOX NO GO!! DAMMIT RICHARD STEPHEN PUT ME DOWN!!"

"Hmph!”He carried her kicking and screaming thru the living room "The only box you’re gonna get is when I box your damn ears!"

Ok yelling wasn’t gonna do it. He was mad. He never got mad but when he did only ONE thing worked on him. Time to pull out the big guns. She grew still, her head turning to look straight at Jon and Shannon who were sitting there in shock. Her eyes fluttered and then she sniffled, her voice going all whispery as she let out a sob. 'I can't leave my box...."

Jon's brow shot up and he fought back the laughter. The sneaky little minx was trotting out the crocodile tears over some box? He couldn’t stop the soft, "Jesus,” as the show warmed up to max.

He stopped two feet from the door. Damn the woman!! Crying? No no no not now! I can handle anything but that! He fought it but lost and dumped her unceremoniously on the floor at his feet. "One chance Mel... get the box NOW and get back here or you leave without it."

She grinned and scooted back, coming to her feet in a surge of energy. Whirling around she ran for the bedroom. Grabbing the box from the closet she ran into the hallway and dead straight into Shannon’s room locking the door. "I SAID NO!"

"Why you little bi....." He gritted his teeth and followed her, banging against the wood. "Open it Mel!"

Jon leaned into Shannon his lips pressed against her ear, "And you want her like this now?"

She sniffled and turned on the waterworks, his anger thrilling her and calling to her own anger. "NO!"

"So help me God! I'll break this fucking door down!"

Shannon just whispered "My door..." in shock as she watched Richie attack it as if he were in an old 70's cop drama. BANG! His size 13 centered the door and kicked. SWOOSH! It swung open, half off one hinge.

Mel’s eyes went wide as the door crashed open. "You broke my damn door!"

"Told ya I would." He eyed her for one second before snatching her box and tucking it under one arm and swinging her back up again. He looked at everything but her, forcing himself to ignore her tears. He carried her back out pausing long enough to say, "see ya on the plane Jon," then he was out the door, his hostage in tow.

Shannon stood stock still for a full minute until she heard the sound of a revving engine peeling out and drifting away then she collapsed in a fit of giggles so deep it brought tears to her eyes.

His head turned as she dissolved into laughter. "What's so funny?"

"He... he..... kidnapped her!!" she managed thru giggles.

He shook his head, "And that's funny?"

"Fucking.... hysterical!!" she gasped. "Did you, did you see her face??"

He shook his head, "Man I was too busy watching Richie come close to having a fuckin' stroke. Never SEEN him that mad before."

Shannon regained a little of her composure. "Man she played him like a hooker plays a trick!"

"What?"

"Nothing," she chuckled a little then finally took a deep breath.

"If she’s playing him for a fool......." His frown grew as he considered the damage it could do to his friend. "Man, she’s not that cruel?"

"Huh?" she looked at him strangely. "She just got what she wanted."

He glanced at her confused. "She wanted her door broken down and him near a heart attack?"

"What?? noooooo!" Shannon reached out and gently shoved him. She got her box ya big silly!"

He leaned back relief racing through his system. "Oh. Ok. What the fuck was so great about that box then?"

"Fucked if I know."

He stood up then turned and scooped her into his arms. “Looks like we have the house to ourselves."

She linked her arms around his neck "hmmm..... all alone? What ever shall we do?" she teased.

"Recouperate."

"And how do you suggest we do that?"

He turned and started towards the bedroom, his lips dipping down to nibble along her neck. "First we take a nap and then I wake you up Bongiovi style."

She gave a throaty laugh "Mmm I do love your way of thinking"

He stepped into the bedroom and laid her on the bed, following her down before cuddling her in. "Good, we're in agreement."

She sighed in contentment. She was sure Richie could handle Mel, especially after that last scene so she was no longer worried about all that craziness and now she was in his arms again. She could get used to this... she could get soo used to this. She closed her eyes and twined her body with his.

His arms tightened around her as his eyes closed. Thank god she was calmer, he so didn’t need crazy, but her gentle calm, that he could enjoy. Richie could have the yo yo. He smiled as she snuggled in. His last thought as he drifted off was exactly how to wake her Bongiovi Style.

1 comment:

Peg said...

OMG!! That was freakin hysterical!! I could actually picture that in my mind as I was reading it, lol. Way to go Richie!!! I love your way of 'not taking no for an answer", lmao.

Awesome chapter!! I wonder where he's taking her though. And what about poor Shan? You can't leave her their alone Jon!!!

Post a Comment